1. Place a hold on library materials online through the CLAMS online catalog. Having difficulties? Call us and we will be happy to assist you placing a hold.
2. You will get a notification once your item(s) have arrived and are ready for pickup, usually by e-mail or a phone call if no e-mail is on your CLAMS record. (Exactly like you received notifcation items were ready before the library shutdown). When you get your notification, come to the library anytime during curbside service hours.
3. Once you arrive at the library please call the library to let us know you are here. We will grab your items from the holds shelf, check them out to you and put them on a table outside the library front door. (If weather is uncooperative, we will place your items just inside the front door). (Library staff are not able to do curbside service outside of scheduled curbside hours.)
4. The Bookdrop is open 24/7 to return items. PLEASE NOTE that we are required to hold items in quarantine for 72 hours. Items will NOT be checked in until 72 hours after you have returned them. You will not be charged overdue fines. The book drop in Buzzards Bay will NOT be open for the foreseeable future. ALL ITEMS MUST BE RETURNED TO THE LIBRARY PROPER.
5. If you need a library card, please call the library during curbside hours and a staff person will be happy to assist you.
6. Please note that the library building will NOT be open to the general public. All services will be curbside and contactless for the time being.
7. Please be patient with us. This is a big change in how we do business for all of us and we are working hard to get the kinks out. If you have questions, feel free to call the library at 508-759-0600 ext 6302. After hours, call extension 6108 and leave a message.
For more information about the Coronavirus Covid-19 outbreak. Please go to the Town Of Bourne Website for updates on what the Town is doing and updates from town officials.
We encourage you to use all of our online resources for books, audios, movies, music, magazines and so much more. Click on our digital services banner above to see all we have.
If you need assistance, please reach out to us through e-mail. Sara Rose, Information Services Librarian (firstname.lastname@example.org) will help with any technology questions. You can also reach out to Terry Johnson, Children's Librarian (email@example.com), Irja Finn, Assistant Director (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Patrick Marshall, Library Director (email@example.com).
More information on COVID-19 can be found on the Mass.gov website.