Available at the Jonathan Bourne Public Library:
Books in regular and large print
Audiobooks in CD, Playaway, and downloadable formats
- Movies on DVD
- Music CDs
Boardbooks, games, toys, movies, audiobooks, and magazines for children
Newspapers, magazines and on-line databases
- Computers for public use (internet access, e-mail, word processing)
- Mobile Hotspots for a one week checkout
Adult and children's programs
Library Material Reservation
Placing a request is an option when all copies of an item are checked out.
When you request a book, video or other library material, your name is put on a list of people waiting for the item. You can request that the item be sent to any CLAMS library. When the item becomes available you will be contacted by e-mail or phone.
Please note that requests cannot be placed on the following items:
You may reserve materials in several ways:
To reserve library materials on-line:
Type your first name in the first box.
Enter your barcode number (from the back of your CLAMS card) in the second box. Do not enter spaces.
In the third box type your PIN. This is a 4 digit number which you can sign up for at the library.
On the next screen click on Search the Catalog and search for your items.
As you find each item, click the REQUEST box. In the next window choose your pickup location. It is not necessary to choose a cancellation date.
You should then get a new screen telling you your request was successful!
Remember to LOGOUT.
Tech Help Appointments
The Jonathan Bourne Public Library is pleased to offer our patrons Tech Help appointments. They are one-on-one technology appointments with library staff, usually the Information Systems Librarian. These trainings are designed to help familiarize patrons with common computer and internet functions in order to encourage digital literacy in our community.
Tech Help appointments can cover the following:
- Basic computer skills
- OverDrive and Commonwealth eBook collection for free eBooks and Audiobooks
- Library resources such as online databases, Zinio, Hoopla, Freegal, Mango, etc.
- Email/Internet basics
- Social media
- Office productivity software (e.g. word processing, spreadsheets, presentations)
- Usage of patron owned devices such as eReaders, tablets, and smartphones
- Basic computer troubleshooting
- Other computer or technology-related questions
Tech Help appointments policies are as follows:
- Appointments can be between 15-20 minutes depending on the topic.
- Patrons can book 2 appointments per month.
- Appointments are made based on your preferred time and staff availability.
- Library staff cannot be held responsible for damage to patron-owned equipment.
If possible, please contact us one week prior to request an appointment. Provide a brief description of your technology needs, your electronic device or devices, and also a few dates and times that you’d prefer to meet. On the day of your appointment, please make sure to bring any devices, cables, and manuals you may need.
We will do our best to accommodate all requests.